I found your website a while back and it changed my life. You have given me insights into how my wife thinks and using your advice has improved our relationship in ways I could have never imagined. We have been doing it like rabbits for several months now.
However, every couple of months my wife is getting urinary tract infections from all the sex we’re having. And to be clear, she’s loving all the sex like I would have never imagined. But I think she just came down with the 4th one this year. Its painful for her and she has to go to the doctor to get antibiotics. And the last couple of times, she has said that she doesn’t think we can ever have sex again because its so painful. Warranted or not, she also doesn’t want to become immune to antibiotics due to having to take them all the time.
I can understand her concerns, but I can’t live without sex for the rest of my life. I’d like some advice on how to handle this without damaging our sex life AND some practical medical advice on how she can prevent them from ever coming back because going to the doctor when they appear and getting antibiotics every time is wearing her thin.
(1) I would look into cranberry juice extract pills. They help prevent UTIs from even starting. You can google that and there’s plenty of evidence out there for it. You can buy them in most supermarkets.
(2) It may be a lubrication to roughness ratio issue. Chaffing can lead to increased chances of a UTI.
(3) I don’t mean to be rude here at all, but I have to mention it. There may be a personal hygiene issue there for either/both of you. Good handwashing and you doing the wash-your-cock thing before sex may make her more comfortable with the idea of having sex again.
(4) Jen adds…peeing after intercourse can also help to prevent UTI’s…you are cleaning out the works, so to speak. No really…
(5) and Jen thinks of one more…does she take a lot of baths or use a hot tub/spa pool frequently? This in combination with the increase in sexual activity can lead to more UTI’s.