<———- you should see a bright shiny new advert for the Forum Orientation Booklet.
The PDF booklets contain a brief orientation to the MMSL Forum experience. Includes how to use the forum and the essential nine questions for Relationship Triage. The nine Relationship Questions are a much expanded on version of the original blog post How To Figure Out What Went Wrong With Your Sex Life. Includes a list of common acronyms as well.
There are six different price points for this 16 page booklet, so people may pay whatever they wish for it. All versions contain the same material with no difference between them. The cover of the actual booklet does not show the price paid, cover images on Lulu.com are to try and ensure no one accidentally buys at the wrong price.
The six prices and links are….
So why am I doing this?
(1) The forum is growing quickly and we do need a orientation package for new people. The purpose of the forum was to handle all the 1:1 email I was doing in a group setting. It’s working pretty well which some remarkable team solutions to complex problems.
(2) Over the 3.5 years of MMSL, I’ve been asked many times for ways to donate to my work. However MMSL isn’t intended to be a small thing and I don’t wish to form as a charity. This way the booklets are an actual product to buy.
(3) I’m unable to take money for offering direct 1:1 advice and don’t even give 1:1 advice anymore anyway. This way the blog and forum remains free, and the books are an actual product to buy if you wish.
(4) Getting involved in offering forum memberships, or putting the blog behind a pay wall and handling credit card transactions et al, would be very time consuming. This way I don’t need to get caught up in the day to day stuff, and can keep doing what I actually want to be doing. Writing.
(5) The Lulu.com royalty splits are amazingly good. I get 90% of the cover price minus 99 cents. Considering what I’d have to do for credit card transaction fees et al if I was handling it myself, I’m very pleased with the split.
(6) The booklets are in a PDF format and have no copy protection. You can send them to everyone in the world if you like. It’s free advertising to me.
(7) You can pay what you want to pay, when you want to pay it. It’s free self-help.
(8) MMSL has been an undertaking with enormous personal risks. I’ve taken a Love over Gold approach to launch things, but at some point I have to turn the corner and become closer to the true level of profits I can make. I don’t ever see myself trying to fleece my readers, but it is time to ask for something for me.
And please be assured that while I won’t know who paid what for a forum booklet, I have always been amazed and grateful for the level of interest people have had in MMSL and myself. A writer without a readership is a sad creature indeed, I am fortunate to be a happy one.
So please accept my most genuine thanks for everything you have all done for me.
And yes the blog has been somewhat neglected recently. Something I’ll be changing. I think the forum is finally starting to mature to the point where I can step a little further back and let it run itself a little more. I’ve had a few odds and ends not exactly go my way recently and learned one does not simply walk into Mordor.
Plus Jennifer is about to begin a somewhat changing role.
Jennifer: We saying anything about that now?
Athol: Seemed like a good a cliffhanger.